Who can be an APEAA member?
APEAA membership is open to faculty members, students and researchers whose academic interests centre around English languages, literatures in English and cultures of English-speaking peoples.
What scientific areas do APEAA members belong to?
English Literature, Linguistics and Culture are the three traditional research areas of the APEAA. But it also welcomes researchers from several other interdisciplinary fields such as Translation Studies, Media Studies, Discourse Studies, Film Studies and Performance Studies whose focal point is English language or culture.
What advantages do members enjoy?
APEAA membership includes:
- reduced fees for the annual APEAA conference,
- reduced fees for the biennual ESSE conference,
- subscription to The European English Messenger, the official newsletter of the ESSE,
- updated information regarding the academic activities and events of the large community of English scholars in Portugal (as well as abroad),
- circulation of information regarding each member’s projects and achievements,
- the possibility of networking – of getting to know and be known by others with adjacent research interests.
What do I do to become a member?
Students, researchers and faculty members wishing to join the APEAA should fill in an application form describing their qualifications, professional situation, research interests and publications in the field, and upload a copy of the bank receipt. If you should have any further questions or need help, please contact the APEAA treasurer Diana Gonçalves (email@example.com).
How much is the APEAA annual fee?
Faculty members – 40€ (euros)
Students – 20€ (euros)
How do I pay my membership dues?
In two ways:
– By making a bank transfer to the designated account below. Please ensure you fill in the application form and upload the bank receipt as proof of payment.
Account number: 0003.40830440020 31 BT
IBAN: PT50 0018 0003 40830440020 46
BIC/Swift code: TOTA PTPL
– By paying in situ (in cash or by cheque) at the annual meeting.